petition for a doctor who episode where the doctor travels back in time to meet arthur conan doyle and accidentally happens to mention how popular sherlock holmes is even 130 years later and poor acd almost breaks down crying
"Doctor before you leave…just tell me one thing."
"My books, the Sherlock Holmes books…do they die out?"
"No, Arthur. People love them. They carry on for hundreds of years."
"Damnit. God damnit. Fuck."
Sherlock Holmes, consulting 12-year-old
My favorite thing about the sherlock fandom:
- it’s over 100 years old
- the creator actively tried to kill off Sherlock because he didn’t want to write the stories anymore
- and then people complained
- and so here we are 100+ years later
- AND SHERLOCK HOLMES IS STILL GOING
- omfg sir arthur conan doyle would hate us so much
Of Course she misinterpreted my intention entirely.